Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 2012 D&T Adventure: May 4

Vil-Gariand was the name of the dungeon available on May 4th, and although teeray remembered to drink a +2 learning potion before the monster battles began, the dungeon creeper entirely forgot to visit the Temple! Actually, a newly purchased learning potion was a DUD but the second potion worked to activate a 60 minute increased experience level option.
I can't mention this often enough - KEEP YOUR POTIONS WELL STOCKED!!! There are a LOT of duds that don't work.

Grumbling over incompetent potion mixers, high costs of potions versus the ratio of working potions to duds, teeray got only three moves inside of Vil-Gariand before a Lugdul rushed out of the darkness and starting kicking enthusiastically on yours truly! To be sure, teeray took a bit of a beating but managed to defeat the sneaky little monster!
I apologize for the awful photo here but the Ludgul took me by total surprise! Luckily I had, in fact, just changed the batteries in the new flip-cam I got through a trade with the Tavern guy, so I got a clip, at least. As soon as the Lugdul jumped out, a secondary alert also appeared so I thought I would show it via this pic'. The extra window let me know that I had been called to an "Event" (under the "Contest Clicks" link) - for whenever I could free up my time to attend the contest event.

Take note of the Lugdul's beady eyes, flared nostrils and the way it is hunched down, ready to strike. I just about lost my new flip-cam this day but... oh, what's that you ask?

Why do I have a flip-cam in a Medieval scenario?


Um...

It's just a GAME, okay? It's Not REALLY REAL!

So, anyway - after fending off this sneaky Lugdul who jumped me, I found a key to one of the dungeon doors, fought a Zoumi without too much trouble and then I found a locked box!
Now, this wasn't just any ordinary locked box... it was a lock-picker's nightmare! In my attempts to get into this box, I went through 3 lock-picking tools, smashed it a couple of times (hands), tossed a couple of spells at it, hurting myself in the process - and then it finally opened with the next lock-picking tool I used.
Glad the box finally opened because, as you can see, it contained a number of healing spells. This kind of makes up for all the DUD spells that have been around lately!

A Zoumi was waiting just around the corner after teeray collected potions, spells and 66 gold pieces from the previously locked box. From there, the usual Machole, Gnash monsters, more Lugdul critters and the creepy human-like Zoumi came out, one by one, to try and frighten teeray out of the underground tunnels. It's a good thing the locked box contained healing spells because things were touch-and-go from time to time, and teeray used a number of healing spells to keep from getting killed by the always present and persistent monsters.

Before teeray quit the dungeon, many items were found laying around - wooden keys, spell books, coins, and a helmet. So teeray didn't have to go purchase a helmet.

As teeray exited the dungeon, it was decided that Dungeons and Treasures is a cool game, so teeray forked over to purchase an Allopass to credit back to the Dungeons and Treasures account. Thus, teeray gained the rank of BARON!

BARON TEERAY!

It sounded better late at night when the transaction was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment